My next VMware foundation topic is the VMware Knowledge Base.
It’s a great online self help resource for finding solutions to your problems.
If you’re having a problem or getting an error, it’s probably not the first time someone has experienced that same issue.
On the off chance you are unique and figure it out, you can submit the fix and troubleshooting in a new Knowledge Base Article and be someone else’s hero.
Take some time, before you actually need to use it, to look around and get familiar of where things are at.
Troubleshooting Tasks for the Network Analyst
Some of the major troubleshooting tasks a network analyst may perform including following:
- Identify software or network device misconfigurations
- Graph queuing delays
- Measure high delays along a path
- Identify location of packet loss
- Identify malfunctioning devices on the network
- Identify network errors and services refusals
- Among others